Saturday, January 3, 2009

I BEGIN AGAIN

             1231081157

Old fashion yellow cake with chocolate icing  and that I made the other day on  New Years Eve.

This was Danny’s favorite cake and the first one I ever made for him. I made one just like it on his birthday, the first year of our married life.

I didn’t want to say anything the last time I posted because I was scared I would jinx myself….but ……I CAN’T HOLD IT  IN ANY LONGER, I GOT TO TELL YALL NOW…….

I WENT BACK TO WORK YESTERDAY!!!!

On Dec. 23, when the doctor took my cast off…I literally begged him to release me…At first he said two more months…but I began to cry and told him just how my financial situation is…and he then said he would write a letter saying light duty only…but when I told him that I was scared I wouldn’t get to go back if he did , he agreed to sign for me to go back fully!  I do have to go back to him in 4 weeks.

I’m not going to lie and say it has been easy…it hasn’t…my arm and fingers ache when I get off work…but I know the good Lord will once again stand by me and help me climb this mountain too….It helps that I have one of the best boss’s in the world…she is truly one of the kindest and most understanding person I have ever worked for, and I knew in my heart, that she would not push me past my limit. I have always tried to do my best for her too…

AND TODAY I GOT PAID!!!!

For the first time in over two months, I have money in my billfold!!! Monday I will pay all this money out and more too on bills…but my bills will be paid! Even though I am tired and aching right now…I am so happy I could cry…and already have.

GOD IS GOOD.

                   0102091934

Wyatt in  a picture message Amanda sent to me via phone last night…

In the words of his late granddaddy Danny; “Looks like someone licked the red off his sucker!” lol

Thank yall so much for all your prayers and good wishes that you have sent up for me…you will never know how much yall matter in my life.

Oh, and when I got home last night from my first day of work…my son had me something to eat and to drink waiting on me! Slightly warmed up left over's, but I appreciated the thought and ate what my son so thoughtfully tried to fix for me and I was grateful.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

27 comments:

Donna said...

Carlene, you don't know how much good you have done in MY life. Thank God you're able to work again.

Here's another valley that He's brought you through.

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I'm glad you were able to get back to work! Wyatt is such a sweetie. Don't over do it! Linda

Astaryth said...

Woo Hoo! Glad to hear you have been able to go back to work... BUT, don't you overdo it!! I'm glad you have a nice boss, and I know this will help you feel better about things.

And Wyatt is adorable -- even when he has "had the red licked off his sucker: LOL!

Jeanne said...

I have been away and now I am sick so I haven't been around much, but I had to pop in and just say CONGRATULATIONS on being able to return to work. Now PLEASE...take it easy!!!! (lol) I loved the pics of Wyatt at Christmas and I am so glad you were able to spend the day surrounded by those you love!!

Oh, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting? MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! Yummy!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Barbara said...

Tears of happiness welled up in my eyes as I read this! God bless you! I love a good yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting. ;o)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is such wonderful news for you! I'm so happy and I know you are much relieved. Your grandson is so adorable! You do have many blessings in your life . God is good.
Take care and don't work too hard.

'On Ya'-ma

Paula said...

I'm so glad you are back at work and happier still that you have an understanding boss. Do take it easy and don't overdo. That Wyatt is such a precious little doll.

madcobug said...

I used to cook cakes that looked exactally like that one. It was good too. I am so glad that you are able to go back to work. I am sending up prayers that you can hold up and not enjure that arm. Yes God is good. Lovya, Helen

Melissa said...

I'm so happy for you that you got to go back to work, but I worry that it's too much too! Please be careful with that arm. You are on my prayer list.

I sure hope I come into some money soon, I would love nothing better than to send you some.

Your cake looks wonderful, it sure would taste good with this coffee I'm drinking!

Hugs,
Melissa

Myra said...

OMG...this made me cry! Tears for your happiness, your sadness, your going back to work, little Wyatt, and finally, for left overs! You are a good woman, Carlene! You persevere because you must :) Take care...
ps: the cake looks yummy!

kelly said...

congrats to you.. I am glad that you are doing well enough to go back to work... key word.. light duty.. listen.. and take it slow.. Wishing you the best..
Kelly~

Lynne said...

Carlene, you are a wonderful lady. I am so glad things are working out for you where your financial situation is concerned. I'm praying that God will continue to bless you this coming year with financial security. Like the woman that shared what she had and God was faithful and she never ran out of food, I know He will bless and keep you too, God Bless!

lisa jo said...

i am going thru something a bit similar to what you are so i can relate. SO glad that you are back to work and not in too much pain. The pic of Wyatt is precious!! XOXOXO

ADB said...

Happy New Year, Carlene, good to see you in great spirits

Sandra said...

I`m glad you are back at work Carlene and it must help to have such a kind, understanding boss. Wyatt looks so cute in the photo. :o)

Love and Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene that your doctor okayed your going back full-time, just be extra careful and take care. Great that you have a good boss that will see you don't overdue. The cake looked yummy. How nice of your Dan to have a meal ready for you when you came home from your job. Take it easy dear.

Kath said...

Oh! this is good news Carlene.I am so happy you are back to work something I know you have wated to do for a while.Money isn't everythign we all know that but thers not much we can do wothout it dear one.I am so happy for you .God is good and you will reap your rewards to be sure.Don't be lifting or carrying heavy things though will you? Wyatts so beautiful.Prayers continueing for you and yours.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Whoo hoo, Carlene, you must be on top of the world to have actually gotten a paycheck even if it did disappear for bills. Bless your Dan for having dinner ready. The Lord will sustain you and give you strength. Wyatt is as cute a button in that picture...Love ya!

Gerry said...

Hooray for you, you are a country gal with a lot of gumption! I respect that, and I wish you all the strength you need to get through these first few months. There is nothing like a good understanding boss, too. I know this is a good news for you, and it is always best to be independent as long as possible.

Missie said...

I bet it feels good to be back at work! Good for you!

Sheila said...

I'm glad the doctor let you go back to work, but I wish you were able to take all the time you needed to heal. Your boss sounds like a wonderful lady. Take care and take it easy, Sheila

Terri said...

Awww So glad you were able to go back to work Carlene... God is good!!! Wyatt is adorable as always...and how sweet of Dan to have your supper and drink on the table waiting for you..

Have a good week!

Hugs
Terri

Lisa said...

I'm glad you are back to work since you are happy about it and of course it will ease your mind with the finances BUT please take it easy and don't make things worse. If you were not to go back for 2 months you aren't ready for it....I would hate to see you get worse. Okay, now I lectured you!!!

Happy 2009 - I hope your year is filled with nothing but goodness, your sure deserve it.
xxx

Jen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better & got to go back to work. That must be a relief. The cake looks yummy!!!! Your grandson is adorable!!!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you were able to get released and glad you are taking it easy while there and not over doing it. So nice you have a good boss. I am so happy for you. The cake looks delicious but most of all I can hear the relief in your words about being able to return to work and I wish you a very blessed 2009!
Lisa

Rose said...

YAY!! take it easy honey!

Kathy said...

Such a relief for you to be back to work but I'll bet that first few weeks have been tough. God Bless you Carlene. ... you always inspire me.