Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKSGIVING

My Thanksgiving Day was spent with my daughter and her family. since I had only one hand, she decided to do all the cooking. No matter how I argued, she refused to let me bring anything other than the giblet gravy. she did it all…and cooked enough food for the entire neighborhood if they had wanted anything! Everything turned out so good!! Wyatt had a ball and loved all the mash potatoes and gravy !

Dan decided to stay at home.  He doesn’t take any change lightly. We have always had Thanksgiving at home, so he refused to leave the house to go with me to eat with Amanda.

Dan tends to believe that if he sulks and pouts or shows out that he will get his way…( as in his ten year old mind set ) It makes life miserable for everyone; trust meEvery time during the holiday season, he gets in a funk…I have not, in over 36 years, been able to figure out why this is…I know he misses his daddy… Lord knows I do too…but this began way before we lost Danny. (He will begin to come back to semi-normal around the middle of Jan.)

So after lunch at Amanda’s we all got together and went over to Sue’s and David's home….which is also our family tradition…we enjoyed sitting and being with them so much! (Dan did grace us with his presence during this time!)

I went with Amanda Sunday to Wal-Mart..Sure was good to get out of the house. Well that’s about all I know for today….

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

15 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and I'm glad you got out of the house. A change of scenery does do us good. 'On Ya'-ma

Lynne said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Perhaps, it is clinical depression. Think of the timeframe. The sun is not out as nicely, etc. I know I get the blues when its grey all the time.

Emmi said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your daughter.

Paula said...

Sound like you had a nice time and that was good of Amanda to do that for you. I'm sure Dan does miss his Daddy and doesn't know how to express it but you have needs to. Its just hard all around with Dan's problem. Bless his heart.

Joyce said...

Sounded like you did have a good Thanksgiving and it is good that you understood what Dan was going through. Hope you soon will have your other hand back...and all will get back to normal for you..many hugs and love to you and your family...
Joyce

lisa jo said...

SO glad you had a good Thanksgiving with that delicous food! Yippee! Rick will often get moody at birthdays and sulk and it has HURT me so deeply so many times....i do not get it either...i am sorry Dan is like that. Glad to hear you got out and about too. Watch out for the crazies in the stores! XOXOX

D said...

I'm sorry Dan is like that.. but maybe he'll bounce out of it. Your holiday sounded grand.. I'm glad :)
hugs

Missie said...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday.

Myra said...

My FIL is like that...he has ruined so many holidays because he'll get in a funk, cop an attitude, etc. Its like he wants all the attention focused on him and not the holiday and family gatherings. It has gotten to the point that he'll come over from the assisted living place, eat, then he is returned to the home. I've had a few funky times myself especially around the holidays. It ruins the day for everyone! Glad everyone turned out ok...so much to be thankful for!

LYN said...

good to see you posting..take care...

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.My Gary sounds like Dan,He doesnt like change either,Gary will only come to our house when we have Thanksgiving,we went to my Sisters house,so He didnt come,He did one year,but,still doesnt like change.

Celeste said...

So glad it turned out good. Maybe Dan has seasonal depression

Rose said...

glad you had a good time, you deserve it!

Lisa said...

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! And happy Dan came along later to join in the festivities. So nice to go to Walmart... I love going there... find all kinds of great stuff.
Lisa

madcobug said...

I am glad that you had a good Thanksgiving Carlene. To bad that Dan wouldn't go with you. That is sad that he gets in a depressed mood during the holidays. Glad that you go to go to Walmart. I haven't went anywhere lately myself. Lovya, Helen