Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!

Today is my daughter’s and my mama’s birthday. My mama was born in 1925 and Amanda was born in 1981. My daddy told me  that while I was in labor, my mama was watching the clock like it was New Year’s Eve! lol  Amanda was born shortly after 10:00 pm! Mama was sooooo happy and would, from then on, call Amanda her ‘birthday girl’.   

             0916081525

Happy Birthday to the two ladies that I love the most in this world.

              1222080924

Here is a picture of Wyatt in his new University of Ky. outfit my niece Susie and her husband, Gary sent to him…Thank yall so much Susie…as you can see, it fit him good!And yes…Wyatt is sitting now!

Well, Christmas is over and now we can all look forward to a new year coming up very soon. I hope and pray that it will be a good year  for all of us.

I am thinking, (now that I am writing this) that there were no pictures taken of me or Dan this year at Christmas…They were all taken of Wyatt!   Oh well….he was the star of the show anyway! lol

Dan and I went over to Amanda’s home and watched Wyatt open his gifts from Santa. We also took all our gifts over there for him to open.  He really enjoyed his Christmas…I had thought it would not be that big a deal for him this year, but he actually got into it!!!

Now, yall know I am going to show you pictures of my grandbaby’s first Christmas, don’t you??? Okay…here they are…

For him to be only 6 months old, he did very good at tearing the paper off his gifts! This is one from me.

               1225081030a

He loved all the truck toys…Dan got him this one:

         1225081030b  

He started out wearing his Santa suit…

         1225081038a

Little Santa had to take a ‘BABA’ break! lol            

         1225081034

It was actually hot and muggy here in Georgia, so he came out of his little Santa suit quickly!    

           1225081453a

Look at the red mark on his little face…bless his heart; he fell face first into one of his presents!

           1225081500a

His other grandma gave him this dog…he loved it! And as you can see, made himself a bed out of it! lol       

          1225081446 

This below, is my favorite picture of him….He has his GEORGIA BULLDOG ‘BABA’ and he is in deep thought….

          1225081334 

Probably wondering what he did to get all these presents! lol

Oh yeah….speaking of presents…

I got an early Christmas present

On Dec 23, 2008…

Two months after having had 4 casts…

My orthopedic surgeon finally took that dang cast off my arm!!!

         1228082331

          Looks better doesn’t it?!!!

It is still very stiff, but I am working on that part! I have to go back in 6 weeks.

Thank you all for all the love and support that yall always freely give me….What would I do without yall?

I love you my friends….

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR !

                    &

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

 

22 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls. Very cool indeed. I hope your wrist heals well. Here's hoping we all have a wonder 2009.
Hugs, Joyce

madcobug said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama and Amanda. Wyatt looks so cute getting into his presents. He is growing so fast. Your arm is really looking good now. I am so glad the cast came off. Glad that you all had a good Christmas and I hope your New Year will happier and healthier. I just posted a few Christmas pics myself. Lovya, Helen

Melissa said...

Carlene,

Wyatt is so precious and he's growing like a weed! Being a Kentuckian, I love this UK outfit!!! Go Big Blue!!!

I was going to email you, but I don't have your email address so I'll just leave it here:

I wanted to thank you personally for your loving, encouraging comment and offer of prayers for my daughter, Emily. I appreciate it so much and I feel those prayers holding us all up. God has surely blessed me with the people in this wonderful community we have here. Blessing to you and your family.

Your arm looks soooo much better. I hope your therapy goes well and you're soon able to get back to work and most importantly are able to hug that little Wyatt!

Love,
Melissa

Donna said...

What a gift that little boy is to you. I believe he's the brightest thing that's happened to you since Danny passed away. God is so good.

LYN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM BOTH!
LOVED THE PICS.. HE IS A CUTIE...

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Wyatt is so adorable! Can't believe how big he has gotten! Glad you had a good Christmas and your cast is off! Linda

Lynne said...

Treasures from above! Happy birthday to your mom and Amanda! The baby is so sweet! God Bless!

lisa jo said...

i love the pic of your mama and Amanda....and love love love seeing Wyatt. He is so cute and growing like a weed....i am so thankful you got your cast off. I love you!

Ally Lifewithally said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum and Amanda ~ Like you I just loved that picture of Wyatt ~ and your arm looks really good ~ glad you have the cast off ~ Happy New Year to you all ~ Ally x

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a great Christmas gift getting you cast off early!!! Happy Birthday to your mom and daughter. 'On Ya'-ma

Myra said...

Wyatt is sooooo cute!!! My, he has grown! Christmas is all about the kids isn't it?? Well, except when you're getting your cast off! Glad your Christmas was good. Wyatt is making an ol' softie out of uncle Dan, isn't he?? Too precious...

Astaryth said...

What a nice birthday present for you Mom that was! Happy Birthday to them both.

Wyatt is (as always) adorable... looks like he made quite a haul!

And, finally... wow! your arm looks so much better... And, don't get frustrated with the getting back to normal, it always seems like it will never happen, then one day you realize it has!

barb said...

good news all around--your arm looks good--the bday girls do too and that bagby is a doll. so glad things are looking better for you all---barb

ADB said...

Carlene, I'm pleased to see your arm has healed so well. I hope you've had a great Xmas and wish you all the best for 2009

Guido

Joyce said...

You had a lot of good news to share and yes, your arm looks so much better...thanks for sharing the lovely photos...hbday to the ladies...how nice they look and little Wyatt so cute as ever!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

PS...Happy New Year!!!

Arlene (AJ) said...

The picturs of your Wyatt are adorable, know he brought much happiness your way, little ones have a way of doing that. Glad your arm is doing better. Happy belated birthday to the 2 special girls in your life. Happy New Years, may good health be yours and happy moments fill your days.

Missie said...

Happy Birthday to your mom and daughter. How wonderful to be able to share a birthday with each other!

Wyatt is so adorable as always.

Your arm looks great!

Happy New Year!

Linda :) said...

Happy Birthday's all around!!
and wow how big Wyatt is getting and what a great Christmas!!
Happy New Year!!! :)

Gerry said...

That photo of Wyatt laying on his dog is sooo cute! But you can tell he is really into Xmas by all the rest of the photos, too. I have a greatgrandson named Wyatt, too, I am sure named after Wyatt Earp, our most famous Arizona lawman of the old days. I am so glad to see that cast off, too, but it sure looks like you are wearing some scar. I do hope your arm continues to heal. Take it easy, okay. Gerry

Kath said...

just poppinground everyone Carlene after my long break.The pictures are priceless.May I wish you and yours "A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 " and I hope your arm is soon back to normal (ouch!! ).Thankyou for all your kind words and comments throughout 2008 they are much appreciated.Wyatt is so lovely bless him.How he is growing."HAPPY NEW YEAR" Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Lisa said...

Oh Carlene he is such a little treasure! I can see how he stole your heart, he is a cutie for sure. I love the one with him sitting up!

Happy belated birthday to your birthday girls.
xx

Lisa said...

Happy BIrthday to the birthday girls!! Wyatt looks so sweet and like he had a wonderful Christmas! I really enjoyed the pictures and seeing his sweet face. He still looks like he has just arrived from heaven's throne. Now I want another baby! Hubby says NO! LOL LOL LOL! Your arm does look so much better!
Lisa