Friday, December 12, 2008

CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

            wyatt1208a

            Wyatt: the red nosed reindeer!

The next day after I wrote about not being able to get my tree out of the shed, Kelvin came to the door and said…”tell Dan to get the decorations out and I will be back in a little bit to put them up for you.” Well, lo and behold, when I told Dan, he did not offer any excuses, but went to the shed and got them out! lol

                    Grandma’s little Santa…..

         wyattchristmas

                The reason I wanted to decorate.

Good to his word, Kelvin came back after a while and got busy. I did not have to do anything! Now, let me tell you…I am not use to just sitting back while others do for me. Danny would help get the decorations out, but he refused to help put them up….it was always me doing the decorating.

            1209082027

In  just a little bit, Kelvin had strung lights from one end of my house to another and put the tree up! Kelvin put the lights on the tree, then we went to their house, so I could see their tree…a beautiful huge 7 footer!  He had ornaments that his mom had given him since he was small and he decorated that tree so pretty!

                 Their tree…..

            1209081058

                  The tree at my house….

            1209081858

The very next morning, DAN got up and put the decorations on OUR tree! He also decorated my coffee table! He has never done that before, and he did such a wonderful job!!!  So, my house is decorated now!

             1210081500

I put the wreath on the front door and decorated the mantle in the living room.

             1212080555a

              1217072020a

Wyatt is fascinated with all the lights….and there is a little glass snowman on the tree that his uncle Dan showed him…….that he wants in the worse sort of way….and actually stomped his little 5 month old foot for when he couldn’t get it!  lol

              1209081413

Now if I only had the money to shop with! lol

I do have Wyatt’s already….

SO THAT IS A BLESSING!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

22 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful that you got all decorated. The pictures of Wyatt are too precious for words. Those little ones do make Christmas for us.
'On Ya'-ma

lisa jo said...

what a great look on Dan's face where he is holding Wyatt! So glad Kelvin came and helped out and did so much..YEAH! Your tree and their tree look awesome!! I LOL at Wyatt stomping his foot. He is a doll. XOXOXOX

Lynne said...

So glad you were able to get things decorated! It is so pretty! Love the photo of Dan with Wyatt, that is precious. God Bless!

Paula said...

Dan just needed a little jump start from another man I think. Kevin is a wonderful person to help you. The trees are both pretty.

Myra said...

Dan is a good guy, and I'm sure he'll make some nice girl a good husband some day! Not that I'm pushing him outta his mama's house...but maybe he's never had to do any decorating before, and the gentle nudge from his BIL gave him what he needed. Hope you're feeling better!

madcobug said...

So glad that they helped you decorate. I believe Dan would do anything for Wyatte without a grumble coming from him. He loves that little guy, Wyatte is gonna love him. Great pictures and beautiful trees. lovya, Helen

Adirondackcountrygal said...

You know I see Danny in Dan's face! I'm glad he did the decorating this year. Glad Kelvin came to help too! Linda

ggal2933 said...

It looks beautiful and Wyatt is too cute :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

Jen said...

Awww, I'm glad the decorations are up. Your grandson is simply adorable!

Amanda said...

((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))your house is beatiful and so is your Grandson,to cute.

Ora said...

Oh that Wyatt..I could just kiss his picture he is so sweet looking...and Dan...how he does love that little boy...I do believe Wyatt will grow up with a wonderful "uncle" friend!!! and your tree and house and all look so pretty and festive...Kelvin was grand to come by and help out..maybe Dan felt it was too much for him to do alone...and Kelvin was his jump started so to speak...anyway...it is all just so nice..God Bless...hugs to all...Ora in KY

Donna said...

Beautiful tree. Wyatt is still young enough, you don't have to spend a fortune giving him something that will make him smile. You could even give him an empty cardboard box and he'd probably play with it!

Sandra said...

Your house and tree look just beautiful and to think someone did most of it for you... that alone is a nice Christmas gift isn't it.... the baby is growing so fast and is cuter every day too
Sandra

Terri said...

Your house and tree looks beautiful!
Love the pics of Wyatt and Dan...

We just got our tree up last night :)

Hugs
Terri

Rose said...

what you have right now money can't buy!!! YAY the guys did a great job!! pure <3

xox

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Gosh, Kelvin is such a gift from God for both you and Amanda. He is a sweetie. Carlene, your place looks great. Dan just needed a little push. And don't even think about gifts. Just concentrate on that precious bundle. He is such a baby doll. I just love the pictures of Dan with him. Love you....

Joyce said...

I was hooked on your blog the minute I saw Wyatt. What a little angel. This will be a fun Christmas with the baby. I had help this year too, from my granddaughter. Isn't it nice.
Hugs, Joyce

Judy said...

CARLENE, COME OVER TO MY PAGE AND LAST ENTRY. I JUST DON'T EVEN HAVE THE HEART OR WORDS TO TELL YOU IN THIS COMMENT. MY BLOG ADDRESS IS
http://judy-toblessedtobestressed.blogspot.com/.

I FOLLOWED YOU ON AOL JOURNAL SINCE DANNY DIED. I STOPPED JOURNALING FOR SO LONG AND WENT TO MYSPACE BUT WHEN YOU CHANGED TO HERE AND AOL STOPPED. I DECIDED I SHOULD JOURNAL AGAIN. SOON AFTER I DID THINGS CHANGED SO FAST FOR ME AND I GUESS THE GOOD LORD KNEW I WOULD NEED A PLACE LIKE THIS AGAIN IN MY LIFE SO HERE I AM. COME ON OVER I WAS BARELY ABLE TO PUT THE ENTRY TOGETHER SO COME HERE TO SEE IT.
http://judy-toblessedtobestressed.blogspot.com/

I KNOW YOUR CHRISTMAS WILL BE A VERY FUN ONE WITH THAT PERCIOUS BABY OF YOURS. LOVE JUDYPEARLLOVE@AOL.COM

Lisa said...

I so enjoyed the pictures and hearing about all the beautiful decorating. So cute to hear about Wyatt stomping his foot!! Won't he be surprised on Christmas morning to find all those new gifts?!!
Lisa

Jeannette said...

I do not get alerts for your journal as you have no list of followers I can add myself to. I wonder perhaps if you can drop me an email when you have done a posting??? My email is under my profile. I have written about Judy and emailed you. Hugs.

Lisa said...

Looks like you are all decked out for christmas -nice you had such good little helpers this year!
Wyatt is such a doll - stomped his little foot, I bet that was precious. Love the pictures.
xxx

Gerry said...

Glad some kind soul came and helped you get your house decorated. I had not visited your friend Judy's journal but I will go there with the link you provided as that is a lot of grief to have over two people exiting her life she loved. I know how that feels as I went through Pierre with lung cancer, so I try with all my might to keep Doc back from the edge as I know that I would miss him greatly. Men who are there to share your life with you are not too easily found. Gerry