Friday, December 5, 2008

ABOUT GOD

       0920081923a

Going over to DONNA'S BLOG and reading her entry about tithing got me to wondering about my BELIEFS.

She made me look deep inside myself and find out what I truly believe.....

After blowing the dust away on this old soul of mine, I did find these few bits and pieces….

I BELIEVE GOD WANTS US TO GIVE  FREELY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLYTO THOSE WHO NEED IT.

I BELIEVE HE WANTS US TO TRY VERY HARD TO KEEP OUR HEARTS PURE.

I BELIEVE HE LOVES US...NO MATTER HOW FAR WE FALL SHORT OF HIS GLORY.

I BELIEVE HE WANTS US TO LOVE, RESPECT AND TRULY CARE; FOR HIS LITTLE CHILDREN AND HIS ELDERLY.

I BELIEVE HE WANTS US TO APPRECIATE ALL OF THE BEAUTIFUL AND WONDEROUS THINGS THAT HE PUT IN OUR WORLD …BOTH SEEN AND UNSEEN.

I BELIEVE HE WANTS US TO TRY TO BRING OTHERS TO HIM, NOT ONLY BY TALKING, BUT BY SHOWING THEM THE WAY.

Look; In my lifetime….

I have known people  who wear their proclaimed ‘Christianity frock’ like a glowing neon sign…

They go to church every time the door flies open; yet underneath it all… they are evil people.

I have also known people who went to church only a few times in their lives and those who never even stepped a foot into the door…

BUT THEY WERE TRUE ANGELS HERE ON THIS EARTH.

I BELIEVE GOD RESIDES IN ALL OF US...

But He also gave us freedom to choose how we act and what we believe….

These mere buildings that man has made…

that we call churches ...

THEY ARE THERE SOLEY TO BRING US TOGETHER AS WE WORSHIP HIM....

Mathew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

I don’t think God cares aboutNOR COUNTS the money that we place into the collection plate

I THINK HE CARES MORE ABOUT HOW WE FEEL IN OUR HEARTS WHEN WE PART WITH IT.

And finally;

I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS WITH US ALWAYS…ESPECIALLY DURING TIMES OF SORROW AND TROUBLE

Mathew 28:20 “I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

15 comments:

Donna said...

A very nice entry, and so appropriate this time of year.

God bless you!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Truly He is with all the days of our lives. Very good beliefs to have ! 'On Ya'-ma

Lynne said...

I remember when I was a young woman, just starting out in my career - I met another young woman, a bit older than me. She would commute from WVA to Maryland each day to work. She had a three year old son. Her name was Carolyn. She said because of where they lived, they never went to church, but she read her bible each day.

She was the closest thing to pure I have ever met, and could fit "angel" in my book. I always wondered what became of Carolyn. She was a very sweet person.

LYN said...

VERY NICE...

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Carlene, I agree completely. Tithing can take place outside the church just as much as in. It is that change dropped in a bucket, or an extra dollar for the waitress. Or a hug for someone sad.

madcobug said...

The things you said are so true Carlene. God Bless You and Dan and your family and keep you all safe. Love and hugs, Helen

Myra said...

Amen, sister. Very well said, and a gentle reminder of His love for us...always!

Ruby said...

I received this in a email today after reading your blog came back to share it... "just going to church doesn't make you achristian,not anymore than standing in garage makes you a car"... God Bless you and I wish I could just meet you, I enjoy your blog !!

Rose said...

well said honey. I used to think that I should change or that I could change myself. But then I realized God made me this way, He can change me as He sees fit and He uses me to do His work...warts and all He loves us.

God's blessings!

Missie said...

Great entry.

Have a good evening.

Terri said...

Amen!

Wonderful entry

Hugs
Terri

lisa jo said...

no one has to go to a church to be a Christian. No one owes anyone else an explanation either. You can honor God and serve Him and never step foot in a church. There are millions of churches where God IS there and the fellowship adds so much to a persons life BUT there so many fake Christians walking around, hiding behind a Bible and phrases when in reality they are adulterers, liars, thieves and selfish human beings who make sure IF they help others, everyone knows about it. True compassion is a rarity in life, i think.
love Ya

Barbara said...

To Christ, the church was those who believed in Him. The redeemed. Not a building. Without Christ, the best of the best of our deeds and acts is just a tinkling noise. Our goodness is filthy rags compared to His. And you are right, there are wolves who hide among the sheep.

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))Very nice entry.Thanks for sharing it.

Lisa said...

Beautiful sentiments.
xx