Monday, November 10, 2008

TIME

        DsFALLPUNKIN

I wonder  how long it will take me to get use to having only one good hand and arm to use? I can not put any pressure on my left hand; not the slightest bit. I tried to rub some hand lotion on my right hand with my bad hand…and I could not even do that. I finally ended up squirting the lotion on my leg and rubbing my good hand over it….the same way I do when I need to bathe my good arm when I am in the shower.

It is scaring the heck out of me that I can not put any weight on my hand or fingers. It makes me worry that I will never get to use it again. I believe my arm is shrinking because my cast is real lose at the top part above my elbow. Unfortunately where the cast covers the top part of my hand, it is way too tight and hurts like crazy…probably because my hand and fingers are still swollen.

Things I took for granted have become almost impossible to do now. Like cutting an onion…I can’t even put enough pressure on the onion with my bad hand to hold it still on the cutting board to peel it and chop the ends off….. :-(

Or popping open a dang can of biscuits! Oh, I can pop them open…I just can’t twist the dang can open far enough so I can get them out. Having no electric can opener, I can not open metal cans either.

                  GARFIE1

I have gotten real good at getting the dog leashes hooked up to the pup’s collars. Bless their little hearts…they must somehow know that something is wrong with me, because they stand very still and actually line up one by one while I go from one to the other, hooking the clip through their small collar rings with just my one hand! Before I was hurt, they would all go wild; running here and there with me trying to catch them! lol Now they wait their turn very patiently .

Amanda came over and drove me to the grocery store. She also went and picked Dorris up, so she could go with us. I didn’t realize that I was so low on food and ended up  spending more money than I should have….

See, I am scared, because I don’t know when I will be able to work again.  I nearly cried when I  saw the total. I didn’t splurge either…I only got the basics and I used cents off coupons too. Lord, a bag of dried beans that use to be 49 cents was $1.68. I tell you, groceries seem to go up here every week. Bless his little heart, Wyatt has a cold.  He was sniffling and running a small temp. but still had a sweet smile for his grandma.

Thank yall sooooo much for sticking with me and praying for me….I pray the good Lord will bless yall in a special way.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 comments:

Donna said...

There but for the grace of God....

Barbara said...

Depending on your exact situation you might qualify for some emergency assistance Carlene. At least for food.

My prayers ARE with you. For speedy, complete healing.

Lynne said...

So sorry to hear you are going thru such troubles. I concur with Barbara - you may want to check in with social services, red cross or the like to see if they may offer you some assistance during this time. God's blessings to you and yours!

kelly said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you.. and I would have to say I agree with Barbara and Lynne... see what you can find out .. it wouldn't hurt anything to see what you're entitled to...
go slow...take care
Kelly~

Jeannette said...

I am so sorry you are going through all this. It seems like that cast should be looked at, swelling in the hand and fingers cannot be right. I hope you make a full recovery and very soon.

Kath said...

Oh! Dear Carlene.Things are not good at all are they love.I do hope things improve quickly for you.How awful when you are so hampered.In England you would probably qualify for some home help.I don't know much about your system but I should definately enquire for nothing.Please Take Care and I do pray you are well soon and Wyatt soon rids of his sniffles.Hope your Mama is well also.Prayers being said for everyone.God Bless Kath xx
http://kath-mysimplerhymes2.blogspot.com/

lisa jo said...

maybe you can call the doc with your concerns because they are REAL concerns. I hope Wyatt feels much better today. The price of groceries has gotten to where most that i know can not afford to buy ALL they need now. Shameful! LOVE YOU

Debbie said...

Carlene I hope and pray you start healing soon. I'm sure it will take awhile for the swelling to go down after your surgery. I think we are all guilty of taking things for granted, I know I am. Yeah, the price of everything has gotten outrageous and it's hard to even buy the basics anymore. I seldom cook a full meal anymore because we simply can't afford it. I hope Wyatt gets over his cold soon.
Hugs
Debbie

Lisa said...

I am sure you are frustrated since you are such a strong & independent woman. Be patient, it will heal and hopefully you will be good as new before you know it. I hope Wyatt overcomes his cold, he's too cute to be sick!!!

Been thinking of you & keeping you in Prayer.
xxx

Astaryth said...

I would definitely call your Dr. with your concerns. They sound legitimate to me! That being said, try when you are sitting or sleeping to prop the swollen hand/arm above your heart. That might help with the swelling. Also, it is not uncommon for muscles to lose some of their size when not being used... this might be why your upper arm seems smaller.

I hate that you are feeling so helpless, just remember that time often heals.

ADB said...

Carlene,
Sorry to hear your hand still hurts so much. Take it easy, however difficult that may be.

Guido

dragondrops said...

sorry it all hurts still, take good care and take your time trying to do things, most things can wait.. hugs to you xx

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you know what you have in hands that work until one is incapacitated. I don't blame you for worrying. But things will work out somehow. We all have to count our blessings when someting like this happens and someone is suffering. I am glad the dogs were able to come up to the predicament. That seemed kind of remarkable. Gerry

Celeste said...

Hun you need to get that checked out again!

tinkerbell said...

So sorry to read of your continuing problems,I love reading your blog and feel you are due for some real blessings,so glad you have a daughter who loves you and those wonderful dogs awesome.Hope you can checked out again and get help, thinking of you in prayers, blessings on you and the family

Rose said...

God is faithful He will take care of you!

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!