Saturday, November 15, 2008

THROUGH THE FOG

          angelDsDesignsNothinginlife

I walked the pups a bit ago.

It is so pretty outside…leaves blowing every which a way…trees and such showing all their fall colors…the sun shining so brightly that it makes you squint. I am so thankful that the sultry heat of the summer has gone by now,  because this cast is hot. I have not done much of anything today. I have been a little sick to my stomach and am still in my night gown… which looks like a dress that we as teenagers, use to call a ‘shift’….remember those? It is made of real thick material and right below my knees so that I can wear it outside too…which saves me from trying to get something over my cast.

I wish I could say I am doing lots better, but I can't. The surgeon said my arm would hurt for a few weeks….but someone telling you that and you having to actually feel the pain are two different things. It wouldn’t be so bad if it would just let up ever so often….

       1104081214

           Wyatt; ready to go ‘bye-bye’

While outside, as I looked about me; I found many things to be thankful for…like:

Trees that are beautiful with their red and golden leaves.

A clear blue sky with white poofy clouds floating lazily across.

Able legs that can walk me all around and about my house and yard.

Ears that can hear the birds chirping…and my pups playfully nipping and barking…

Eyes that are able to see all these wonders of God.

Though I may be down for the count right now…

I still know that God is good

Sometimes we may not be able to see all His  goodness through the fog of pain

Or the heartache from loss of a loved one..

But if we just make ourselves be still and quiet…

For just a little bit…

We will see His glory.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

15 comments:

Sonya said...

Your words are encouraging to be having so much pain. I'm so sorry that you are still in pain. The trees sure have been beautiful. I've admired them throughout the entire fall. And here in TN I believe it has been the prettiest ever. I can't quit blogging about it. Fall is my favorite. Hope you feel better soon. Neat you stayed in your gown. I would put on my flannels but Noa is here visiting TheTeen.

Rose said...

we love you Charlene! Take one look at that little boy and you are looking at the Handy work of a loving God! I got to see my 3 today too! Mom and Daddy are getting a divorce and it's getting ugly. But God will see us through! love you!

Kelly said...

Hmmm...that was very inspirational and I should listen to what you have to say and take it to heart. I get so bogged down because I like warmer weather and when cold weather comes calling I shrink up and hide away from it. I hope your arm pain goes away soon. :) Hugs, Kelly

Paula said...

Yes I remember the shift dress. Hope your hurt goes away sooner then later.

Lynne said...

So sorry your in pain Carlene! I love your attitude and you are so inspirational! God's blessings to you and may His angels of mercy touch your life in a special way. God grant you blessings of health, wealth, and happiness.

madcobug said...

I am glad that you are able to get outside and enjoy those pretty trees. I pray that your arm will soon be healed. My doc says it will take months down the road before I get better but here I am waiting impatiently at times. Wanting to be well and pain free so much. I still have a lot to be thankful for. God is good! Lovya, Helen

ADB said...

It's not easy to cope with continuous pain, it can get you down. Pleased to see you in positive mode, Carlene.

Guido

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you found my journal too and even though I've read yours from time to time and prayed for you too, I'll make it a point now to put myself on as a follower of yours too. Your list of blessings is something to be thankful for.
Remember that this too shall pass. Your pain will go away and each day healing will be done and you will have much to SMILE about.
'On Ya'-ma

Arlene (AJ) said...

good reading dear. Each day my prayers are for you to feel less pain. Know it's not fun when you are going through this. Just know I care.

Robbyn said...

So glad to find your blog...thank you for finding mine :) I don't know how He does it, but God puts so much beauty here side by side with the pain. Sometimes I think the older I get, the less I know, except that He is good. Thank you for sharing your life on your blog :)

Heather said...

You're exactly right. Sometimes we get so caught up with our self pity that we forget to see all that there is to be thankful for.

Wyatt is such a precious little thing. He's too cute for words.

Luv~Heather

Sandra said...

Hi Carlene, I see that you have added yourself as a follower of my journal, thank you. I`ll be coming back to read more of your entries. A precious grandchild, I`m so happy for you. I don`t know what I would do without my Roman, my first grandson, who is my world. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

dragondrops said...

One day at a time hon x :)

tinkerbell said...

I so admire the way you can see GODS BEATY around you at all times am certain that your positive out look will help you and soon you will see many blessings in your life,I am sure God loves you

lisa jo said...

are you taking pain meds? I hate hate hate to hear that you are in pain. LOVE YOU SO