Saturday, November 22, 2008

THERE ARE ANGELS AMONG US

        angel

Have you ever heard that song by Alabama?  It goes something like this:

Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love.

            102008_105142_2MA22739906-0002

I can testify to this. When Danny died, and I saw no reason what so ever, to live in a world without him…There were angels then…that came to me and held me up, giving me comfort and love…helping me make my way through that terrible darkness that only the death of a loved one brings……Forcing me to see and believe that there was still light and color and love and wonder still here in this old world for me.

True miracles happen everyday…We just sometimes need to be made aware of them.                                           

ALCC~PeacefulAngel~AngelMA12484971-0004

Today started out being a bad day for me. My emotions are all over the place what with my anniversary coming up and also the holidays…and then add to it the fact that I haven’t worked in a month and well….the bills don’t stop…You know how it can be  sometimes….So I just went back to bed and lay there…not sleeping, not doing anything really…just looking at the picture of Danny that I keep next to my bed.

It was sometime later that Dan said, “mama you have company”…and in came Charity, my niece. She had Wyatt with her because she was babysitting for Amanda. She came straight into my bedroom and began to change him…and was talking to me. Soon as she got done, we walked into the kitchen…..and there on my table and everywhere were bags upon bags of groceries…in the chairs, on the floor, on the counters….everywhere!         

         dannyandchat

        (1970’s)Charity with Danny behind her

This sweetheart and her husband had went and bought all this for me and Dan! While she had me in the bedroom with Wyatt ( yeah she knew that where Wyatt was; there I would be also !) her husband and three kids had sneaked all the groceries into the house.

What really melted my heart was, when I tried to protest, she looked me straight in the eye and said; “Aunt ‘Lene call it pay back for child support.” When I looked dumbfounded, she said… “remember all the times you babysitted us, fed us and took us on vacation with yall?”  “Well, this is pay back.”

amandancharity

      My  Charity & my Amanda

Yeah, I cried….

I’m still crying…

The song I mentioned before goes on to say:

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
There’s always been someone there, to come along and comfort me.

So, call me naive, call me what you want…but I firmly believe that;

There are angels.

Some of them may not be wearing a  golden halo or have big white feathery wings…

But there are angels….

Oh yes…

There are angels.

GOD BLESS YOU MY LITTLE CHARITY

              &

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

18 comments:

Paula said...

What a beautiful young lady to remember the things you did for her. She truely is an angel.

Donna said...

You deserve it!

Terri said...

Oh Carlene...I am sitting here crying along with you....something similar just happend to my Mom and Dad as well...there are indeed Angels among us! God Bless you!

Love & Hugs
Terri

Debbie said...

Carlene, I had to gain my composure from the tears I've been crying reading your entry. Yes, there are Angel's among us and like you we've been blessed ten fold in the pasts few months in these trying times. God Bless you Carlene as you face these challenges in your life.
Hugs
Debbie

Rose said...

that girl sure was raised right! Kindness such as this warms my heart! xoxo

Jeanne said...

Charity's mom and dad should be so proud of her because they raised one terrific woman!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Lynne said...

She is just paying it forward, as I know you have done and will do again. I am so happy you were blessed today!

dragondrops said...

I'm so happy for you... happy thanksgiving too xx

lisa jo said...

That song stops me in my tracks. it means the world to me.
You and Danny were a loving couple who rescued and loved so many and your goodness is coming back to you for all the good you have done. I am so proud of that young lady and her DH. XO

Lippy said...

As thankful as I absolutely know you are for that act of kindness, I'm grateful that there is someone like that out there to share that kindness with you. I often wonder if we have trouble in our lives simply for the purpose of showing us how wonderful some people really are, and how lucky we truly are to have them in our lives.
I know you are a great person yourself, because that sort of kindness is borne on the love that others have for you. Good for you, Carlene. And good to see you again.
LY

Kathy said...

Angels are everywhere! And I'm really glad they are there for you just now.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Charity and her family were indeed special "Angels" when you least expected it. You've been their "Angel" when they needed you and I know they appreciated all you did for them. Hope this made your day dear and picked your spirits up. I love it when miracles like this happen.

Arlene (AJ) said...

Special Angels show up when you least expect them like Angel Charity and her family did, that had to be a real pick-me-up for you dear. One never knows when something like this will happen, but somehow it does when you need it most. Have a good day.

Indigo said...

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. Please give that beautiful neice of yours and her family a hug from me. Yes, I do believe Angels walk among us. (Hugs)Indigo

Gerry said...

yes, I would say that you were visited by an angel just when you needed it, who was also paying back another angel from years back. You seem like a very good person, Carlene, and I think the angels are looking after you. Gerry

Lisa said...

Oh Carlene this is such a blessing and a beautiful entry. Thank you so much for sharing it with me. God has been so good to His people through these hard times and I'm seeing it all over the place in various journals...so many blessings and God is remembering us and taking care of us all in our time of need, just like how He brought us through the custody battle. Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs and Kisses to Wyatt. The angels brought food and more angels will bring the money for the bills too. They'll be making a stop at my house LOL.
Lisa

madcobug said...

God Bless Charity and her family and you and your family also Carlene. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. It will be just Ken and me here today to get by with whatever we can fix. Both my childen are down in their backs , I still am too. We still have a lot to be thankful for though. lovya, Helen

Jen said...

I absolutely love that song & listen to it on a weekly basis. With all that you are going through right now - I'm glad Charity was able to sense what you needed & help out. If only more people in this world could be like that, we'd achieve peace on earth. I hope you are feeling better. All that pain you are in makes me want to cry. I wish I could take it all away.