Sunday, November 2, 2008

SUNDAY MORNING

            1023080754

This picture was taken Thursday morning , Oct.23….the Thursday before the Sunday that I fell. I was out walking my pups early that morning before I had to go to work and the sun rising over the old mill was so beautiful.

It never ceases to amaze me how God puts beauty right in front of us everyday….whether in His beautiful portraits or in something as simple as a baby’s laugh….or a hug from a loved one…If you just be still and let yourself…you can feel the beauty flowing through to your soul….and it is wonderful.

I want to thank you all so much for your moral support these last few days. You will never know how much it means to me…When I have been in pain …when I have felt like no one here in my life cares…I come to your comments…and I read them over and over….and it soothes the raw edges of my pain…and takes away this feeling of lonely helplessness .

My sister went home Friday. She has been such a good help to me…not only in helping with the housework and cooking…but also just being here to offer some sisterly love and care.

I have a very hard time getting dressed and undressed….using the bathroom…etc. that Dan can not help me with….Even trying to get the cover up over me at night is a struggle now.  I have to lay on my right side and at an angle; so as not to lay on the knot and staples in the back of my head, to stay off my bruised spine , and to make sure that my left (broken) arm is on top…

So I can not just reach over and grab the cover with my right hand….Thank God I got use to being cold when I was little and lived on Horseshoe Bend….it makes it easier now since my bedroom has no heat.

You know…Danny told me long ago that, “It is when you are in good shape that everybody is there for you … You only find out who really cares about you when you are down and out…” This is so true…some of the people here in my little town; who I thought were my friends; have not so much as called, texted nor even emailed me and it makes ne feel so sad…   

Danny may have only had a seventh grade education, but he was so much smarter than most people I know…

And I find myself longing for him now.

I am worn out and will stop now…My surgery is for 12:00 tomorrow, so if yall will keep me in your prayers…

I will be grateful.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

25 comments:

Solitary Dancer said...

Bless your heart! You bet I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, my friend

deb

Astaryth said...

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope that the surgery will be able to get you fixed up. I know it will take time to heal, but hang in there. {{{{Hugs}}} Holding you in my thoughts today as you face this hurdle.

Rose said...

just this morning as I was doing Mrs H's laundry I thought about the care I took for her and realized God cares the same way for us. Honey, God loves you, He will always take care of you! He send us to give you encouragement. For we know that life is hard sometimes. But when we look at our little grandchildren, our pets, the sunrise, we realize He is there and will never, ever leave us. I am praying that everything works for the best for you and your poor battered body. Heal well my friend. We love and will always be here for a kind word! rose

Jeanne said...

Lots of prayers and ((hugs)) going out for you always,..especially tomorrow. Danny will be protecting you all the way so I know you will be in great hands.

((hugs))
jeanne

Myra said...

Hope all goes well for you. Try to not worry, as it only hinders your healing. I know, not easy to do, but remember the Serenity Prayer. Take care...

Sheila said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Rest and don't worry about anything. Hugs, Sheila

Sandra said...

I will be saying prayers for you too..... just hope you can get some rest and try and stay warm
Sandra

Paula said...

My prayers are with you today and tomorrow. I hope you heal fast and will be as good as new soon.

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I am sorry to hear that you had a fall.If we lived close together,I would be there for you everyday.I am praying that you will get better soon.

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Carlene, I'll be saying my prayers for you as you are having your surgery and always. Bless your Dan's heart...he is such a sweetheart. Take care and know you have many praying for you. Love you...

barb said...

OF COURSE YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS FO YOUR QUICK HEALING ETC. ABOUT BEING COLD IN BED--TRY AND WEAR A SWEATER--EVEN IF ONLY ON ONE ARM--IT WILL HELP TO KEEP YOUR BACK WARM. SOMETIMES I EVEN WRAP AN AFGAN AROUND MY SHOULDRS BEFORE I LIE DOWN--SON, DAN, COULD HLEP WITH THAT.GOD BE WITH YOU---YOU KNOW HE IS!! BARB

barb said...

OF COURSE YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS FO YOUR QUICK HEALING ETC. ABOUT BEING COLD IN BED--TRY AND WEAR A SWEATER--EVEN IF ONLY ON ONE ARM--IT WILL HELP TO KEEP YOUR BACK WARM. SOMETIMES I EVEN WRAP AN AFGAN AROUND MY SHOULDRS BEFORE I LIE DOWN--SON, DAN, COULD HLEP WITH THAT.GOD BE WITH YOU---YOU KNOW HE IS!! BARB

Lisa said...

I will be thinking of you (and have been) and will keep you in my Prayers for a successful surgery and then a speedy recovery.
Love you,

Ora said...

Hi Carlene...hope the surgery helps the pain...and you have my prayers for complte healing...God Bless you girl...your pic was just beautiful...looked at it a long time...so comfy just looking at it...makes me smile...I know what you mean about getting the covers over you...when I had my shoulder surgery it was like that...I was able to sleep in our lazy boy chair tho...and that made it easier...but with the cut on your head etc...not sure you ould do even that...boy girl..you don't mess around do you ????? anyway...put aphgan around your shoulders or a sweater...that will keep your back warm...we manage don't we...and make do...?? hugs and jGod Bless...Ora in KY

blondepennie said...

Carlene, I wss so excited to find your saved e-mail and your new address. John and I were worried that we had lost contact with you. I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. My prayers will be with you. You are such a loving, sweet person I know that there are dozens of us that will be with you in surgery. By the way, your blog is beautiful. You've done a great job. I have to go to my new area and learn how to spruce and beautify too. I have missed you. It is wonderful to be able to talk to you again. Love, Pennie

Missie said...

I wish I could be there for you! Good Luck tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.

Linda :) said...

Gentle hugs.....

CINDY said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Cindy xoxoxo

Sher said...

Omgosh, Carlene!!! I've missed something here! Didn't get that you'd had such a terrible fall!!! You're in my thoughts & prayers! Your surgery is over now supposedly...so I hope you are resting better...
hugs, sher (wunzuponatime@blogspot)

lisa jo said...

if i was there, you'd be warm. I have you in all my thoughts and prayers today. I love you.

JShav123 said...

Sending *hugs* and many prayers your way, Carlene. I was so saddened to hear about your fall. Hang in there, so many people love you, and you have that cute little guy who needs his sweet grandma. :) Take one day at a time, and I hope that you heal quickly. Please keep us posted.

Joyce said...

Always sending you prayers for healing and peace...hugs and love,
Joyce

Kara said...

you will be in my thoughts!!!!!

Dirk said...

So sorry you're in so much pain. I really hope the surgery helps. When you can, let us know how you are. Beautiful photo!

Dirk
http://tsalagiman2.blogspot.com/

Nelishia said...

I hope and pray your pain eases quickly and you heal super fast. You are probably out of the hospital by the time I've found this but just know you are in our continued prayers for things to get easier and easier.

Nelishia