Thursday, November 20, 2008

AN OUTSIDE JOB

         DailyThanks-LMG1222

First, if you have the time…please go around to Donnas' blog and offer her some comforting words. She lost her little Chihuahua ; ‘Laci’ to heart failure and her heart is broken. Those of us who are fortunate enough to know the love of a little fur baby, know that they are far more than just petsthey are our babies….and they love us with a love like none other. Please go and leave a note for Donna.

As most of you know, My 36 year old son Dan, lives with me, and because of his mental handicap, he always will. He got up this morning, took an old brush attached to a long metal pole that Danny had rigged up before he died and got the leaves off both sheds.

           0921081653

              DAN WITH WYATT

He then got them off the old tin roof of our home, and ended up raking my front yard for me! He was so excited when he finished up by sweeping the porch off and the sidewalk, that he ran inside begging me to come see what he did.

Believe me, There were ‘boo cools’ of leaves…We have two pecan trees and a giant oak tree right here at the house, so there were tons of leaves everywhere. I had went to bed last night wondering how on earth would I get those leaves up, cause I have no money to pay someone to do it for me…and though I always do it every year, I sure couldn’t this year; not with my arm and hand out of commission.

Bless his heart, Dan said; “Mama, I use to watch Daddy do it, so I figured  I could do it too.”  You see, Dan very seldom does anything outside…instead, he tends to hole up in the house….So for him to go outside and do this for me…Well, it was a big thing for him. He did a very good job and I am so proud of him!

YES, GOD IS GOOD.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

12 comments:

Paula said...

Awww Dan is such a sweet son. I bet you gave him lots of praise too and thats what he needs. Hope you are getting better everyday.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a blessing for you both. I'm sure Dan was just as happy as you are. 'On Ya'-ma

Donna said...

I'm glad Dan is pitching in!

Lynne said...

That is wonderful he helped you so, and moreso that he did it without being asked! What a treasure! God is good! Bless you Carlene!

Solitary Dancer said...

How sweet. He sure made his Momma proud :-)

deb

Missie said...

Bless Dan's heart!

Emmi said...

Already been to DOnna's. I have 4 chihuahua's myself. Their little blessings.

Arlene (AJ) said...

How touching of Dan to go out and to the raking and cleaning up....know this had to touch your heart when he said he remembers your Danny doing this. Bless you both.

madcobug said...

Big hugs to ((((Dan))). That was so sweet of him to do that for you. I bet his face was all smiles when he got finished. God bless you both
My back is not doing good. Ken took me and got another torodol shot yesterday. Lovya, Helen

Celeste said...

Give him a hug from me. Tell him I am proud of how he looks after his Mama

Lynne said...

Hi Carlene, go check out my blog. I nominated you for the MARIE ANTOINETTE award! Congratulations!

Rose said...

what a thoughtful thing for him to do! xoxo