Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DOCTOR

       ThanksgivingFallingLeavesMissy

I WENT BACK TO THE SURGEON TODAY.

He took the big cast (that went from just right below my underarm all the way to my hand) off and replaced it with a shorter one. This one goes from just below my elbow to my hand….It lighter in weight and is also bright neon pink!

I almost fainted when I saw my arm . It looks awful. I had no idea how bad it was going to look…as I wasn’t awake when they did it. They took the big stitches out and replaced them with butterfly stitches before replacing the cast. They also did more x-rays. I nearly cried as I tried to turn my hand like they wanted it….it hurt terribly bad. I had started to take a couple of pain pills before I went to the appointment, but didn’t….Lord, I wish I had.

It was cold here today, and now tonight it is freezing!

I just turned my TV and found out that HOUSE is on…I almost missed it again. :-(

I watched Jeff Dunham’s CHRISTMAS SPECIAL on the comedy channel the other night. He is a comedian / ventriloquist…and I love his acts. Especially Walter the old man dummy . The dead terrorist dummy act is funny too.

Not long till THANKSGIVING now is it? THANKSGIVING DAY is also mine and Danny’s wedding Anniversary this year. We were married on Nov. 27, 1971, so our anniversary would come around on THANKSGIVING ever so often…this being one of the years.

I miss him so much. He was my best friend. No matter what; he was always there for me…always in my corner….so to speak….I miss that. You may think I am crazy, but I talk to him daily and since I have been in so much pain…I cry and tell him all my problems nightly. If he were here, he would put his arm around me….

Oh, how much I would love to feel him hug me close to him or just hold my hand when I am hurting physically and in spirit…

It would mean more than all the gold in this world to me.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

14 comments:

Myra said...

Not crazy at all...and if you ask me, his strength and watchful eye over you right now is what is keeping you going! He speaks to you in your spirit, I know you know that!

Lynne said...

My heart goes out to you Carlene...big hugs! I don't think it is crazy for you talking to him. I pray that God will grant you a speedy healing with regard to your arm. God's blessings on you!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good news that you got the smaller cast. That should be some relief for you. I lost my husband the day after Thanksgiving 16 years ago now and everynight before I go to sleep I say 'Good Night Sweetheart I'll see you in my dreams'. Every Thanksgiving is special to me too and I make sure that I make it special for my family. They've been my strength through the years. Try to keep the happy memories flowing when you think of your dear one and SMILE. We were both blessed to have wonderful husbands. 'On Ya'-ma

Donna said...

I'm sure if Cliff passed on, I'd talk to him. When two people marry, they become one. That doesn't end with death.

Missie said...

Ya know, his arms were around you when you fell, keeping you from getting hurt more seriously!

Paula said...

I'm so sorry you are having to endure this pain without Danny. I know he would be a big help to you if he were there. I hope it heals quickly.

Lisa said...

So glad to hear the cast is off. I know how much you must miss Danny. My arms are reaching round you with a hug from a friend in Kentucky. Get well soon my friend,
Lisa

Adirondackcountrygal said...

You just keep on talking to your Danny, I know he is there and so do you! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving, try to think happy thoughts and not dwell on sadness..

Sandra said...

It`s perfectly natural that you talk to your Danny daily. He is there with you always so just carry on as you are.

Hopefully now you have a smaller cast you will feel so much more comfortable. take care.

Love Sandra xxxx

lisa jo said...

I love love Jeff Dunham too and also watched that special. Quite a few of us at work LOVE the old man puppet the best. I do love when the terrorist yells I KILL YOU!

lol

i am sorry that your arm looks so bad....i will think of you on 11/27....i know how much you miss Danny. I love you

Celeste said...

I am glad you have the smaller cast. It will make holding your little darling so much easier. I know you miss him... how could you not?

bosoxblue said...

AS LONG AS HE IN YOUR HEART, HE IS WITH YOU, CARLENE.

Rose said...

you two will always be together!

ggal2933 said...

I had no idea that this had happened and I am so very sorry. Sending you many prayers and get well vibes!

Gretchen