Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NOT DEAD YET..BUT TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED....

I GOT UP BRIGHT & EARLY SUNDAY MORNING AROUND 7:30 & WENT INTO THE LIVING ROOM.

(THE DAY BEFORE THAT I HAD NEARLY SLIPPED UP AT THE BBQ IN THE SHOES I HAD ON.) WELL I HAD THEM SAME DARN SHOES ON SUNDAY WHEN MY RIGHT FOOT HIT SOME WATER AND IT WENT UP IN THE AIR.

I FELL BACKWARDS AND HIT MY HEAD AND ARM ON THE BIG OAK ROCKER THAT DADDY BOUGHT ME WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH AMANDA.

I REMEMBER THINKING WHEN MY HEAD HIT THE ROCKER THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE A WATERMELON HITTING PAYMENT AND THAT I WAS GONNA DIE LIKE MY B-I-L…WITH A BRAIN HEMORRHAGE.

THINKING BACK NOW....I MUST HAVE PASSED OUT CAUSE WHEN I CAME TO MYSELF; THE PUPS WERE ON MY CHEST TRYING TO GET ME TO GET UP....BUT WHEN THE ER DR ASKED ME IF I HAD; I TOLD THEM NO......I DID NOT REALISE IT AT THE TIME.

BUT WHEN THEY ASKED ME WHERE ALL THE SCRATCHES CAME FROM ON MY CHEST....WELL, THAT SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THEN.

AFTER I CAME TO MYSELF...I REACHED BEHIND MY HEAD AND IT WAS PUMPING BLOOD...SO I KEPT MY HAND PRESSED ON THE HOLE.

BY THIS TIME; DAN CAME AND I WAS TRYING TO GET HIM TO BRING ME A PHONE, SO I COULD CALL 911 BEFORE I PASSED OUT CAUSE...BLOOD WAS EVERYWHERE..AND HE; BEING SCARED...WELL, HE KEPT RUNNING AROUND AND AROUND THE HOUSE.....AND DURING ALL THIS, I NOTICED THAT MY LEFT ARM AND WRIST WAS NOT SHAPED RIGHT ANYMORE AND WAS JUST HANGING IN A WEIRD WAY.

I FINALLY GOT DAN TO STOP AND COME CLOSE ENOUGH TO WHERE I WAS HALF LAYING, HALF SITTING IN THE FLOOR....TO GIVE ME THE PHONE...

AND THEN I CALLED 911....I KEPT WONDERING WHY THEY DIDN'T ANSWER AND FINALLY I NOTICED THAT I DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE PHONE ON. I WAS SO SCARED I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT FROM LOSS OF BLOOD BEFORE THEY GOT THERE AND DAN WOULD HAVE BEEN TERRIFIED.

I FINALLY GOT THE PHONE ON …DON'T ASK ME WHAT I TOLD THEM...BUT A POLICE WAS THERE IN A HEARTBEAT…AND THEN TWO AMBULANCES. SO...I WENT TO ATHENS REGIONAL IN THE AMBULANCE.

ANYWAY...I WENT TO THE ORTHOPEDIC DR TODAY AND HE SAID IT WAS A REAL BAD BREAK.

I HAVE GOT TO HAVE SURGERY. EITHER FRIDAY OR MON. ACCORDING ON IF THE SWELLING IS DOWN.

I HAVE A HOLE IN THE BACK OF MY HEAD THE SIZE OF AN ORANGE...SO MY HEAD HAS STAPLES IN IT. I NEARLY BROKE MY TAIL BONE ( YES THEY X-RAYED IT TOO!) THEY THINK MY SHOULDER IS DISLOCATED. ...AND POSSIBLY MY ELBOW IS MESSED UP....NOT MUCH LEFT IS THERE????

EXCEPT THAT I AM OVER $8000.00 IN DEBT SO FAR…..

LIKE I ALWAYS SAID...

WHEN I MESS UP...

I DO IT RIGHT.

( COPIED FROM A TEXT TO MY ADOPTED SIS...SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS )

BUT GOD IS STILL GOOD…IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE…AND MY SIS DORRIS IS HERE WITH ME DOING MY HOUSEWORK AND HELPING ME ANY WAY SHE CAN, GOD BLESS HER…

THANK YALL ALL SO MUCH ALL YOUR PRAYERS….I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT YALL.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

27 comments:

Donna said...

Well, the hospital will just have to work out something with you. They can't get blood out of a turnip.

Missie said...

Hospital's have payment plans! Thank God you're okay, that's the most important thing!

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh Carlene, that must have been one terrible fall.... Im glad you are going to be ok.... just forget about the bills, somehow they will take care of themselves..... I hope
Sandra

Dawn said...

You may qualify for what we call charity care up here at our hospital. All you have to do is apply. Look into it... you shouldn't have to pay those bills...

be well - sending you hugs and prayers... worry about getting better!!!!

barb said...

carlene, am so sorry this has happened. don't worry about the bills--hospital have to give some free care nd even if they don't you can pay a smll amt monthly. just get well---praying for successful surgery outcome. barb

moshell's lilbit of space said...

Carlene, we have what is called the DSH program and is based on your income. It designates how much of the bill you will pay or NOT pay. I would check into that.

Prayers for you....gosh, you really did do it up good didn't ya.?

dragondrops said...

oh Carlene what a terrible fall !! I am so glad you are ok, and Dan managed to get the phone to you, he must have been so scared !
Dont worry about the bills, something will turn up I'm sure.. keep taking care of yourself, my thoughts are with you for your surgery, and complete recovery xx

ADB said...

That was very nasty indeed, Carlene. Hope they will fix you, and you get better soon.

Rose said...

wow you are such a strong person. I truly admire you! take care my friend. blessings

Emmi said...

Talk to the hospital ... they will work with you. Glad your ok!

Sheila said...

When it rains, it pours. I'm so sorry you're suffering but don't you worry about the bills. You concentrate on healing. Take care, Sheila

Kath said...

Good Grief Carlene by the sounds fof things you went with a right BANG didn't you poor gal.Throw them flippigng shoes as far as you can.Grr.I do hope you will be ok while I am away I shall be thinking about you all next week not having access to a pooter whilst away .I hope the operation is a success and like others have said worry about the bills after you get well first.God is good he will look after you.How good is your sister looking after you Bless her.Prayers for you all always Take Care God Bless Kath.xx

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene I'm just so thanful you were able to get the emergency help. Don't worry about anything, it will all work out. Bless you dear, you'll be in y thoughts and prayers. Arlene(AJ)

Kelly said...

This sounds all too familiar to me. I am terrible about wearing flip flops and catching them on things and pitching myself off of the top of stairs, or through a doorway, always something graceful for sure. I have thankfully never did a number on myself as bad as you have, bless your heart woman! You throw out those old shoes. I did, the ones that got me into that trouble. I hope you mend up fast and feel better. :) hugs, Kelly

madcobug said...

Carlene I have been so worried about you and so glad that you have updated. I have been sending up prayers for you. Poor Dan and the pups all being so scared.I hope your sister stays with you until you are better. I pray that the hospital will take payment from you or just let them go. Love you much, Helen

Linda :) said...

Take Care and Gentle Hugs...

Donna RDH in TEXAS said...

Oh my gosh carlene.. I am so sorry that happen to you..Bless yoru heart do you have someone to help you at the house you need to rest...
Donna

Ora said...

Carlene..just get well...one day at a time..and well...worry less about the "debt"....healing comes first...I mean..you didn't intentially fall...did you??? and the hospital will understand...like Donna says..."you cannot get blood out of a turnip!!!!:...keep us updated..you are special...hugs and God Bless...Ora in Kentucky

Joyce said...

Prayers to you Carlene...you just take care of you...and get better...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Debbie said...

Carlene, I'm thankful your sister is there to help you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Debbie

Terri said...

Oh Carlene...that was such a terrible fall...so glad you were able to call 911...and glad your sister is able to stay and help you out...

Keeping you in my prayers...hope you recover quickly

Hugs
Terri

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Oh goodness, Carlene, I'm just so thankful that you are alive. What an awful experience for you and Dan to go through. Hospitals will work out payments. Some hospitals will also take your income into account. I know the Lord will guide you through all of this. I will most definitely keep you in my prayers. Love n Hugs

Sonya said...

((((((Carlene))))))))))))))....oh my goodness. I am glad you are alive, dear one. Glad you are taken care of. I will say a prayer over this medical thing. But I'm so glad you are ok. I guess you are going to be sore for a while and will take time to heal. Will keep you in my prayers. I'm so sorry this happened.
Sonya

Gerry said...

I am glad to read your update and that was one heck of a fall. I bought some shoes the other day and slipped and slid around in them so bad I rushed them down to the giveaway table before I was tempted to wear them! My sisters walk their dog and fall down when they get rambunctious. But you are ALIVE! And that's the best thing, and I know you will fight back Don't worry about bills, just do what you can and get yourself patched up! Then think about that later, but not enough to give you a nervous breakdown. I think about that darling little grand child and know you won't go anywhere you cant see him for a while. Gerry

lisita15 said...

OH MY!!!! I will pray for your fast recovery!! I know that my mom insist on wearing sandals and she would slip... she finally threw them out! take care of yourself!! Lisa

lisa jo said...

I am so upset about this and so sorry my sweet friend. I am praying for you..i KNOW the hospital has to have a way to write your care off if your income is low enough and i hope that happens. I love you

Nelishia said...

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you. Your angels were definitely around you keeping you from passing out. I pray that they'll be able to fix your breaks and you'll be healed and pain free soon. I cannot imagine how scared you must have been. Bless your heart. The hospital will work something out, don't you worry. You just get better soon.

Love,
Nelishia