Saturday, October 4, 2008

A NEW DAY

My great-great grandfather

(and his family) ;

who was a sheriff in Ga. back in the 1800's .

THE URL TO SAM'S ( SAM SAYS) NEW BLOG ( SAY IT) IS :

PLEASE VISIT HIM....HE IS A RETIRED GREYHOUND BUS DRIVER AND ALSO HAS SOME GREAT MEMORIES OF HIS CHILDHOOD... GROWING UP OUT WEST IN THE DEPRESSION ERA.
This migration we are all doing can be so confusing....
I have already had a mess up on my own new blogger journal and know several others who have also had trouble....this is a learning process...
We...the refugees of AOL JOURNALS will learn though...and we will make it through all the rough times...
We will see the other side of the mountain...just as sure as the night will come and the sun WILL shine on us again.
Wanna know why???
In the words of ARETHA FRANKLIN:
WE ......... ARE ............. FAMILY!
And we will be there for each other...
holding each other up and helping
each other over this mountain........
A new day has come.......
a new beginning...
let us rejoice in it...
and be glad.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

12 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

That is a great photo Carlene! I can't find Sam either. Linda

Chris said...

Amen, Carlene! AOL may tear down the neighborhood but not the hearts and souls of the JLanders...love the old picture. You really do have a nice layout. Love ya!

bookncoffee said...

Yes we are fam-i-ly! Now that song is going to be stuck in my head all day. lol
Hope you have a good weekend.
Sonya

Donna said...

Sam's URL didn't work for me, dern it.

Joyce said...

You did a beautiful job with your blog...and the old photo is lovely. Hope you have a lovely weekend..hugs and love!
Joyce

madcobug said...

Great picture of your GGrandfather and probably his family. I tried the link here and in Sam's journal and it doesn't pullup anything. Hugs, Helen

Solitary Dancer said...

Great pic Carlene. We are family and no matter what we're all still together.

Deb

Rjet33 said...

I found you! I found you! Woo Hoo! We are family and AOL giving us the boot ain't gonna stop us!

Blessings!~

Susan

Missie said...

Enjoy your Sunday. Oh yea, I just noticed that picture of Wyatt......looks like he's waving!

Lisa said...

I love this post Carlene!! Thanks for sharing. Great picture of your great great grandfather and family. I love their dresses. Yes, we will get through this migration! It sure is challenging to find each other.
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Carlene. thank you so much. I am getting messages now thai my blog is working. thank GOD for my friends, old and new.
Now I must learn how to put photos on my entries. I love seeing your entered photos, especially Wyatt. It is such a pleasure watching him grow.
I am happy for you to have Wyatt to love and for your nice families.
sam

Lisa said...

Love the picture! I think we are all settling in and soon we will all be comfortable with our new home.
xxx