Friday, October 10, 2008

BACK TO BASICS

              bunnyhello-1

I dragged my body out of bed this morning and forced clothes on this old body….unfortunately bills do not stop coming just because you are sick and can not work.

What with all the journal madness and such, I don’t know if I told yall about going to the ER or not…Well, I did…and they found blood in my urine and something about proteins??? Anyway they said I had a kidney stone and wanted to do a CT and dye job on me the following Monday.

         bunniestwo

I had to hurt all weekend and when I went to the hospital that Monday, the lady there in the registration office said it had to be scheduled…I told her that the ER doctor did it the Friday before…She said…”ok…I need your insurance card”…I said I no longer had my insurance…she said “ok..Then that will be $1284.00 up front”….

I was shocked…I said,” can’t we work out a payment plan?”…and she said…that “this is NOT a free hospital”…Heck I didn’t say it was…I have never gotten anything free…why start now at this late date…Of course I didn’t say this…only thought it…

What I did say..was …”well…ok…I see”…and as I started out the door…the lady said..”You should have went to the ER and they would have done it there”  I told her I did go to the ER and the DR. told me to wait till Monday because there were no radiology techs there on weekends…….she said”well he wasn’t suppose to do that”…

but he did

       fallpumpkinkitties

So I have been here, at home, for over two weeks, trying to give birth to a kidney stone…fighting a raging kidney, and bladder infection…and after 4 different types of antibiotics, plus a bag full of the strongest kind in the ER…I have also been fighting a yeast infection of the mouth, throat and other areas of my body…The bottle of stuff for that was over $50.00.

girlandkit

So I dragged my self to work today. I kept praying that the day would hurry up and go by…By the end of eleven hours, my left side and back was killing me so bad that I kept hoping the dang kidney stone would just fall out….but it didn’t.

Tomorrow I go back again…..Please say a prayer for me.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

18 comments:

Kath said...

Awwwwwww Carlene I am so worried abotut you now I read this.Paying for ones health is ridiculous,it make my blood boil.I don't know very much about your health system there but isn't there anyone who would take you on a payment plan.It's a nightmare people have to live with so much pain.Do ake Care Prayers going up for you and everyone.Hope Mama is well .Hugs to Wyatt.God Bless Kath xx

Donna said...

I'm so sorry Carlene. It's awful to be sick, especially when you live alone and have to make do by yourself.

One reason I hate taking antibiotics is that every time I take them very long, I get yeast infections.

Paula said...

So sorry you're feeling so badly. I'm saying a prayer for you now.

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Carlene, Kath said my words exactly. It totally makes my blood boil that in a country where billions can bail out banks that there can't be health insurance available for everyone at a price that is affordable for that person. No way should you be turned away when you have kidney problems. It must just be in Pa. but no one can be turned away for any reason. They have treat you first and then work out a payment plan. I'm just furious that you have to suffer with this because you work so hard and kidney stones and infections hurt more than birthing a child. I pray that the Lord opens up a door for you. Love ya

Solitary Dancer said...

Eat a ton of yogurt to combat the effects of the antibiotics. Drink 100% pure cranberry juice by the ton for the kidney stone and infection.

I sure hope this passes soon. Yes, the pun was intended. :-)

deb

lisa jo said...

THIS TOTALLY PISSES ME OFF. This is a perfect example of why we need some damn medical help for WORKERS. The SOB doctor should have solved all the issues in that first ER visit and not let you lay there for 2 wks in pain. i DO totally understand how you feel. Love you my friend and you are in my prayers.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

oh Carlene....I would try the ER again, I know here they have a spin-down sort of thing and with your income it may help.

Terri said...

Oh Carlene...I sure hope you are able to pass the kidney stone soon I have heard they are so painful...keeping you in my prayers!

Hugs
Terri

Debbie said...

Carlene, you will be in my prayers that you can get the help you need with your illness. We have been without health insurance for 7 years and it's scary to think about how they treat those of us who can't afford it.
Hugs
Debbie

Emmi said...

Sorry to hear your feeling under the weather. Feel better soon.

Lynne said...

Hi Carlene, I happened on your journal by way of xxroxy. My heart just broke as I read your entry. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this pain because of insurance issues.
As far as that receptionist is concerned, I would like to clock her. I do not understand people being so rude.
I will be praying for you, and I hope you feel better soon. God Bless!

Jeannette said...

I am so sorry to hear about all this and I do wish a great improvement for your soon. We moan about our Health Service over here but, thank God, it is free to all. We do not have to pay for anything.

Gerry said...

Oh my goodness, Carlene, what a worry. I existed without health insurance for years and always knew that a disaster such as you are experiencing could strike. But for a long time I lived off my inheritance which I knew I was very lucky to get for 12 years since when I had an emergency sickness I could dip into that. The transition was rough from job insurance to disability. I just hope you will be able to get through this crisis. You are one of the people that not being able to addord health care hits. But however you can get help, do it! Emergency surgery, whatever. You just need to survive! I will be thinking of you. And sending up prayers that you will make it through this health crisis. Gerry

Arlene (AJ) said...

Carlene, go back to the emergency room and hopefully you'll get the treatment you need right away. Do the yogurt bit, it really helps with infections. Sorry you are having to go thru all of this dear. Take care. Arlene(AJ)

Dawn said...

OMG... you should go back to the ER and demand the proper care you should have gotten! Dang! I will keep you in my prayers...

be well...

Missie said...

Not only me but my kids have all suffered from kidney stones. You are suffering too long! You need to go back to the ER, let them know how long you've been suffering. By this time, if you haven't passed it on your own, you might not be able too!

Sandra said...

My kids get kidney stones too so I know from them about the pain... all I can say is drink lots of water... did they tell you that?
Sandra

Pat said...

Carlene,
I agree with everyone about health care insurance. It's just crazy! I hope and pray our next president will do something about it. I will keep you in my prayers..I agree you should go back to the emergency room.
Hugs,
Pat